The Tamis Corporation® has been a leader in the crowd management industry for more than 35 years. We offer exciting employment opportunities for skilled and motivated Sales and Marketing professionals who want to join a continually growing business.
Established in 1983, Tamis® is a reputable, well respected wholesale distributor of products used by businesses and public sites. Our products help events run smoothly and securely, keeping pedestrian and vehicle traffic safe and orderly.
We began our operation in a basement of a small house. Today, the Tamis® corporate office is located in a professional office building with plenty of free parking. Tamis® occupies two suites, filling 6,500 square feet.
If you would like to join our growing team, please email us at [email protected] to inquire about available employment opportunities.
The Tamis® Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Recruitment Team will only respond to candidates who meet the job requirements.
All applicants are required to pass a background check.
Please – no phone calls and no inquiries from employment agencies.
Current Career Opportunities with The Tamis® Corporation:
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT SPECIALIST
The Tamis sales system is a combination of several variations from the Sandler theory to classic Xerox training. We are professionals and customers expect us to be different from the usual salesman. If you want to work with a winning team and want to improve your sales skills, this could be the place.
What Makes a Successful Tamis Sales Representative?
- Team player
- Expects to win
- Consistently perfecting product knowledge and sales skills
- Understands people, and likes to engage and find opportunities to help others
- Confident in selling value over price
- Knows how to control the conversation in a positive way
- Must be self-motivated – this job is not for everyone
- Must consistently exceed quota after initial training period
- Ethical – no misrepresentations of yourself or the company
- Must be able to work a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday
- Confident talking to anyone in an organization from executives to summer interns
- Has 4 to 6 years sales experience with a proven track record
- Knows how to produce business through his own efforts and prospecting
- Available to attend trade shows and visit customers as required
- Professional appearance, articulate, fast learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and CRM programs
- Must be able to work from our corporate office in Penn Hills, PA
- Must pass reference and background checks
- Base salary with a commission structure based on attainment of quotas in an assigned territory.
- Base salary review after 90 days
- Ongoing training includes online training, Sandler training, and a tuition reimbursement plan
- Company-subsidized medical and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance with AD&D coverage
- Dental available at your own expense
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Free Parking
SALES & MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Tamis is an industry leader in the sale of crowd management products to companies nationwide. We need a self-motivated team player with effective time management skills to assist in our growth. This position will support the Sales Department.
The candidate will research and define new sales opportunities, focus on capturing leads, maintain our sales database, support sales initiatives, handle vendor relationships and provide administrative support as needed. This individual will also serve as a liaison between leads from all sources and the Tamis sales team.
Our ideal candidate will be committed to self-development, wanting to learn more, and can advance into either a sales or marketing role.
- Research potential business from various sources.
- Maintain current information on our suppliers, including profiles, products and pricing.
- Collect, validate and log all leads from websites and emails.
- Answer inbound phone calls and qualify all callers before the prospect onto the Sales Department.
- Answer questions from callers and Online Chat.
- Process online web orders, maintaining contact with the customer, and resolving any issues.
- Monitor the Tamis websites, reporting any issues to the Marketing Director.
- Analyze our competitors, maintain current and accurate information, monitoring their sites and compiling their brochures and other material.
- Register Tamis with government agencies and purchasing networks.
- Review bid requests, create opportunities and assign leads to the Account Managers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Education: Associate’s Degree, preferably in business
- Minimum Experience: 4 Years in a sales or customer service environment
- Able to work a 40-hour week, Monday through Friday
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer, databases, and Microsoft Office.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in online research, gather and analyzing data.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, managing time efficiently to attain goals.
- Flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess the initiative to overcome obstacles and meet objectives.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting rate: $40,000 per year
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance, life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, a (401(k) plan, ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and free parking.
- A rewarding work environment with a team atmosphere.
If you’re interested and you meet the requirements of this position, please email your resume to [email protected].